Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I don't listen for it but, it's nice to know everything's okay with your plumbing.

I have to get this off my chest.....

white bread is evil!

I love French toast; have ever since I was a kid.  Smothered in syrup, coated with butter, plain, used as sandwich bread...love it!  The French toast at work, though...apparently does not  like me. Or at least that's what my glucometer says.  *sigh* Yet another food I will have to cut out at work and not eat unless I make it myself at home or am there to watch it being made.

This sucks.

Royally.

I've been doing really well sticking to the 'legal' items I can have. It can be hard at times, but I try to stick with foods I know won't mess me up and lately it's all about salad and water (excellent for helping kidneys, skin, 'plumbing', etc...)/diet mountain dew (caffeine for work).  I've considered giving up the diet sodas to see if that will make any kind of a difference at all, but I'm a bit on the fence about the decision. 

On the plus side, Burger King -will- actually let you order just scrambled eggs and bacon...yum! :) Makes for a good day when I know I can still eat at these types of restaurants when friends are in town, or when visiting out of town.  So many of these places only show their 'combo' menus that it's a bit disheartening when you don't see what you want to see or are able to eat. 

All in all: French toast (on white)-bad; Burger King sides and water-good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment