Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blessed...but dang!

Let me first preface this by saying that I am eternally grateful that certain closed minds appear to be learning and adapting. Now, as that's been said, here we go...



How hard is it to understand when someone tells you "I can't have that right now. I can't eat that right now. I don't want it." to please stop offering it??!!!!! *facepalm*

While I greatly appreciate the purchasing, and having on hand, certain low carb/low sugar/sugar free items the continual offering of them when I am unable to consume them just frustrates and aggravates me, especially when I can't have them due to high levels that day (or lately!).

Offering me something I can't eat right now is just cruel and is made even worse when I stand there and tell you five (yes, 5!!) times that I can't eat that right now. Comments like "But it's whole grain." don't help and only aide in exasperating me as I try to find my items in the refrigerator that I -can- eat.

I do not mean to sound ungrateful but this occurs time after time after time without any semblance of learning or changing. For instance, if I can't have the whole grain pizza does it make sense to then offer me cookies, ice cream, barbeque ribs and pie?!?

Some days I just don't understand but I try to be patient because I know there are a lot of days that others just don't get me and how I'm trying to balance.  Hell, there are a lot of days where -I- don't get me and how I have to balance. Seems like it would be a simpler affair at times to just be allergic to certain food items: ie, chocolate, milk, rice, etc. *rubs head*

Does anyone else experience this with their loved ones? Either not understanding their limits or continually pushing items that can't be had at the time?  It'd be nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle.  Because as much as I love salads and "legal" snacks (peanuts, sunflower seeds, popcorn) I'm starting to feel like a rabbit or a squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment